Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween!!!
As you might have guessed, Halloween is a pretty fun time around here! We have so much fun thinking about our costumes and getting into the Halloween spirit. One of our favorite traditions is going to Zoo Boo. The girls get to wear their costumes and go trick-or-treat through the zoo while seeing all their favorite animals. 

The theme this year is BIRDS. I love that the girls are into matching costumes and I really hope that it's something that we can continue through the years.


I love how Lo's costume came out! She really wanted to be a peacock, "but a girl peacock that is colorful because you know the boys are really the pretty ones but I want to be a pretty girl." It required absolutely NO SEWING...just A LOT of tulle and hot glue!
The headband is one of my favorite parts! Lo took one look at it and said, "Cute, but you know peacocks don't wear peacocks on their heads right?"
She loves all the sparkles and twirliness of her tutu and I love that she loves it!
Noa's owl required a little sewing and A LOT of cutting of ovals! She wanted to be a pink owl and I think Mommy delivered.
With all the corduroy and her cozy hat she'll be the warmest of the bunch trick-or-treating.
We all had a great time at the zoo! GG was even so generous and shared all his candy with Mommy and Daddy.





Another family tradition is the carving of the pumpkins. Honestly it's not my thing so I am happy to let the hubby run the show and he and the girls have a blast. There is lots of planning and drafting involved. It's a very extensive process. This year the girls decided on a larger family pumpkin instead of individual pumpkins. 





Have a happy, happy Halloween! It's supposed to be cold and rainy here in Indy, but that won't stop my flock of birdies! We're looking forward to a large loot of yummy candy that Mommy can steal while the kids are at school...shhhhhh they'll never know!


No comments:

Post a Comment