Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Spicy Pasta Salad WIth Smoked Gouda, Tomatoes and Basil

I swear I cook other things besides PW's recipes, but once you get lost in her blog you find you want to make EVERYTHING! I think it's the pictures that get me. My stomach starts growling and my mouth watering. I'm compelled to make whatever I see.

This one caught my eye for a few reasons.

  1. It has smoked gouda-YUM!
  2. I could use my de-lish pear tomatoes and basil from my garden.
  3. It said "spicy" pasta.
  4. I had most of the ingredients already. 
  5. It's a cold pasta which makes it perfect for this RIDICULOUSLY hot weather we've been having. 

Ingredients
  • 12 ounces, weight Mostaccioli
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Whole Milk (I used Skim)
  • 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon Adobo Sauce from Chipotle Peppers 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • ground pepper to taste
  • 10 ounces, grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 1/2 pound smoked Gouda cheese, cute into small cubes
  • 24 whole Basil leaves (chiffonade)
Cook pasta until done. Drain and rinse in cold water until no longer hot. Set aside. Mix mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper and adobo in a small bowl. In a large bowl, stir together pasta, dressing, halved tomatoes, and cubed Gouda. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed, and even an extra teaspoon or two of vinegar if necessary. Stir in basil at the end. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

SO GOOD and even better the next day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment