Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crafty Birthday Gifts

As you know, yesterday my baby turned 4 (sniff, sniff). Instead of a birthday party she decided that she wanted a Bitty Baby, or as she calls it, an "American Baby."

When she woke up on her birthday this is what she found:

She actually woke up at 6:40am and the hubby found her with a big smile on her face. She said, "Daddy I love my new baby!" and then she took her baby back to bed and slept for another 2 1/2 hours. She has not been without Baby Caroline since!

Every birthday girl needs to let everyone know it's their special day! I made NoJo this shirt so that everyone can know that she's 4 now!

I used a technique similar to my embroidery hoop wall art, but instead I used sewable Heat n' Bond. My sewing machine has an applique stitch on it, but you could easily do this with a zig-zag stitch. I also used tear-away stabilizer on the back to keep the shirt from puckering.

No birthday party is complete without a birthday hat! I found {THIS} free and easy tutorial at Make It Do. Instead of using scrap-booking paper I used a scrap of fabric leftover from Noa's "4" shirt. To give it some support I attached the fabric to iron-on stablizer. I then used a zig-zag stitch around the bottom of the hat to keep it from fraying. Finally I used hot glue to attached the sides, put the bow on top and attach the elastic on the inside.

Every baby doll needs diapers and lucky for me my friend Erin at Lois Pearl Designs shared {THIS} tutorial on making doll diapers earlier this week. It's super easy, I made 3 in less than an hour-cutting included! I think tomorrow I'll make her a few "wipes" to match her diapers, she seems to be needing her diaper changed pretty regularly!

My oldest daughter has never really been into dolls so it's been a lot of fun making things for Noa's babies. I've been searching blogs and Pinterest for new projects for our new baby. It's so much fun to see her play "Mommy" and hear her talk to her babies in her little high pitched mommy squeak!

No comments:

Post a Comment